Component failure of aging elevator equipment can significantly add to operating costs, lead to increased equipment failure and reduce a building’s value. If you’re looking to bring your vertical transportation equipment up to today’s standards of safety and luxury, we can help. The Mitsubishi Electric ELEMOTION™ Package modernizes traction elevators from all manufacturers. Mitsubishi Electric can also modernize hydraulic elevators through a local supplier modernization package.
Is it time to invest in your elevator equipment?
Elevators have limited lifecycles, designed for a service life of approximately 20 to 25 years. Even with regular maintenance, elevator machinery requires updates over time. If you’re experiencing any of these signs, it’s probably time to modernize:
Issue 1: Safety & quality — Deterioration over a long period of use leads to increased vibration and reduced safety.
Issue 2: Running costs — Older equipment can lead to higher repair costs and an increase in power consumption. Mounting operating costs can greatly affect a building's budget.
Issue 3: Longer downtimes — Deteriorating equipment means more frequent breakdowns. Subsequent repair work could also mean disruption of service, resulting in prolonged downtime.
ELEMOTION™ resolves elevator aging issues
Reduce the burden on the building and update to a safer and more comfortable traction elevator. Instead of replacing the entire system, the Mitsubishi Electric ELEMOTION™ Package can bring existing equipment up to date — replacing only the components that needs updating.
Effect 1: Improved sense of security — Devices and components that have degraded over time are updated. Safety and ride comfort will also be improved.
Effect 2: Improved ecology and environment — Latest devices offer greater energy efficiency, and parts that last longer are retained and reused.
Effect 3: Reduced frustration — By replacing with state-of-the-art equipment, failure rate and repair time will be significantly reduced, maximizing uptime.
Our expert team of Mitsubishi Electric technicians can help you modernize in a number of areas, including:
- Reliability & Safety
- Energy Conservation
- Innovative Technology
- And more!
Work with the experts
When you partner with us for your modernization needs, you can enjoy the benefits of Mitsubishi Electric’s rigorous engineering standards — with the assistance of local, experienced experts who are ready to guide you through the process.
"With a historical adaptive rehab project, you have to have technicians that know what they’re doing. We selected Mitsubishi Electric because of the support that we received through their sales representatives and company technicians.” "
– Joseph G. Cervantes: R.D. Olson Construction, Inc., Senior Executive Vice President of Operations
With our ELEMOTION™ Package and our local supplier modernization package, Mitsubishi Electric has the expertise to offer many types of modernization, including:
- Energy Efficient AC Drives or SCR Drives on Existing DC Gearless Machines — significantly improves ride quality and energy efficiency
- Highly Efficient Destination Dispatch Supervisory System
- New Traction Machines (Geared / Gearless) — provides quieter, smoother operation, while improving energy efficiency and reducing maintenance costs
- Security Upgrades — including cameras, card readers, access control and monitoring
- Elevator Cab Interior Renovations — unlimited options, designed to fit your budget
- Rope Brake System — offers significant safety improvement
- Emergency Battery Lowering Device — improves safety of passengers
- Closed Loop Door Operating System and Infrared Door Protection — improved safety, reliability and quieter operation
- Hydraulic Elevator Microprocessor Based Programmable Control System with Electronic Soft Starting — improved wait times and energy efficiency
- Hydraulic Elevator Power Unit (Tank, Valve, Pump, Motor & Muffler)
- Car & Hall Pushbutton Fixtures & Indicators — improved operation and aesthetic appearance
- Seismic Upgrades and Seismic Rupture Valve
- Hydraulic Cylinder & Piston — improved safety and performance
A custom modernization solution for your unique requirements
We’ll work with you to develop a plan that will best suit your needs. Once your modernization upgrades are complete, we can also create a custom service contract — including preventative maintenance — to keep your equipment functioning properly.
NOTE: Complete tear-out modernizations are also available. Contact your local Mitsubishi Electric Modernization representative to discuss the best option for your building.